As a public entity, Bay Area Transportation Authority (BATA) is a deeply vested partner in the community. Notable input from the community has helped to drive a multi-faceted plan of improvement.
Milestones For The BATA Team
Our 120 employees, in conjunction with the planned vision of our leadership and the BATA Board, have played a significant role in improving BATA as a service. Milestones include the following:
- A major financial turn-around
- Grant-funded capital improvements, including new buses and transfer station renovations
- Organization-wide customer service training
- New branding and service names
- Rider-friendly technologies
- Leaner and greener vehicle fleet
Serving Leelanau & Grand Traverse Counties
BATA is proud to provide over half a million rides to residents and visitors of Leelanau and Grand Traverse counties, including the city of Traverse City. BATA is dedicated to meet the expectations of voters for approved a multi-year millage for operations by 56% in May 2017.
Read more about BATA's Mission, Vision, and Values.
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.