As a public entity, Bay Area Transportation Authority (BATA) is a deeply vested partner in the community. Input from the public has helped to drive a multi-faceted plan of improvement.
BATA Milestones since the 2017 millage approval
• Launched Link On-Demand (a new Uber-like service) allowing riders to request transportation in real-time within 30 minutes or less. Link On-Demand continues to set record ridership milestones, with an 124% increase in the past year.
• Expanded BATA’s green bus fleet powered by clean domestic propane.
• Added Wi-Fi on busses and improved bus stops with more than 60+ enhancements to shelters, benches, and accessibility.
• Connected the region with the launch of the fare-free, high-frequency and very popular Bayline route.
• Secured federal and state funding for a new operations headquarters facility.
• Reached record ridership with more than 591,000 rides in 2019 (Cherry Capital Airport served a record 580,000 people that same year) and more than 2 million rides given since 2017.
• Planning for the future with the launch of BATA Next Wave. It will map out services and vision for the next 5-10 years in conjunction with adapting to the changing needs of residents in Grand Traverse and Leelanau Counties.
• BATA is proud to provide 1,000 rides a day to residents and visitors of the 900 square miles of Leelanau and Grand Traverse counties, including the city of Traverse City. More than 170,000 of these rides annually are provided to seniors or disabled riders.
Read more about BATA's Mission, Vision, and Values.
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.