For rural area riders that are unable to access a fixed-route stop or our Link On Demand bus in Traverse City, Village Link connects point to point within the county or connects to Village Loop routes for travel to and from Traverse City. BATA Dispatch Services helps riders schedule pick-ups and connections. Village Link rides can be booked up to one week in advance. Call 231.941.2324 to schedule.
Village Link Service:
- Monday–Friday: Hours may vary per Village Link Service; please call to confirm availability.
- Saturday and Sunday: Village Link service will continue to operate and is being expanded to offer service on the weekends as well to help support the temporary suspension of weekend Village Loop service.
Village Link & On-Demand Fares
- Village Link one-way for advanced reservations = $3.00 (includes direct Link/Loop connections)
Link On-Demand one-way for advanced reservations = $6.00
Reduced fares are available for Seniors, Children, Students, and Individuals with Disabilities.
NOTE: Village Link fares for same-day reservations (will-call) are $6.00.
Serving a region of over 110,000 residents with a select amount of resources can often require advanced registration to most ideally accommodate all of our riders. The BATA staff will try our best to accommodate all requests, yet we, unfortunately, have a limit on the number of Link buses available to serve Grand Traverse & Leelanau counties.
Link On-Demand rides can be requested in real time or up to a day in advance and Village Link rides can be requested up to a week in advance. To ensure your transportation needs are met, please call no later than the day before the needed reservation date and time. Reservations are taken by the Dispatch Services at BATA transfer stations (at 115 Hall St. or 3233 Cass Rd.) or by phone at (231) 941-2324 during the hours below.
Advanced Registration Scheduling Hours
- Long-term subscriptions with recurring or standing reservations with a set pick-up time and location may be made in advance and must adhere to the advanced registration policy.
- Same-day Village Link requests (will-call) will be fulfilled when possible for a 100% fare up-charge.
- Pick up an Advanced Registration Policy at either transfer station for more information.
Are you a first-time Link rider? Learn more about BATA Link rides by checking out this video.
Link On-Demand is a ride-hailing service for service in and around Traverse City similar to UBER or Lyft, which delivers rides as they are requested. Let a BATA bus easily and affordably take you where you need to go! Learn more how to schedule a service or download the app here!
Ride Availability Times:
- Sunday – Friday: 6:00am – 10:30pm
- (First pick up at 6:30 a.m. / Last pick-up at 10 p.m.)
- Saturday: 6:00am – 11:30pm
- (First pick up at 6:30 a.m. / Last pick-up at 11 p.m.)
Page Updated: 06.09.22
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.