Introducing Link On-Demand
City Link service will be upgraded to Link On-Demand starting Aug. 1. Learn more here!
Link On-Demand is similar to Uber and Lyft in that you can request transportation and have it delivered. The traditional dial-a-ride services will be available for Traverse City and the immediate surrounding area, offering door-to-door transportation. Click here to learn more about BATA's Link service.
Link On-Demand Service
Introducing Link On-Demand: City Link service is being upgraded to Link On-Demand starting Aug. 1. Learn more here.
Ride Availability Times:
- Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 10:30pm (First pick up at 6:30 a.m. / Last pick-up at 10 p.m.)
- Saturday - Sunday: 6:00am – 11:30pm (First pick up at 6:30 a.m. / Last pick-up at 11 p.m.)
For rural area riders that are unable to access a fixed-route stop, Village Link connects point to point within the county or connects to Village Loop routes for travel to and from Traverse City. BATA Dispatch Services helps riders schedule pick-ups and connections.
Village Link Service:
- Monday- Friday: Hours may vary per Village Link Service, please call to confirm availability.
- Village Link 15: Services to Lake Ann, please call to set up a ride.
- Village Link one-way for advanced reservations = $3.00 (includes direct Link/Loop connections)
Link On-Demand one-way for advanced reservations = $6.00
Reduced fares are available for Seniors, Children and Students, and Individuals with Disabilities.
NOTE: Link fares for same-day reservations (will-call) are $6.00.
Serving a region of over 110,000 residents with a select amount of resources can often require an advanced registration to most ideally accommodate our riders. BATA staff will try our best to accommodate all requests, yet we have a limit on the number of Link buses to serve the Grand Traverse & Leelanau counties.
To ensure your transportation needs are met, please call the Village Link no later than the day before the needed reservation date and time. Reservations are taken by the Dispatch Services at BATA transfer stations or by phone at (231) 941-2324 during the hours below:
Advanced Registration Scheduling Hours:
- Long-term subscriptions with recurring or standing reservations with a set pick-up time and location may be made in advance and must adhere to the advanced registration policy.
- Same-day requests (will-call) will be fulfilled when possible for a 100% fare up-charge.
- Pick up an Advanced Registration Policy at either transfer station for more information.
Are you a first time Link rider? Check out our how-to link video.
Page Updated: 07.31.20
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.