Passenger Code of Conduct
Thank you for choosing BATA
To ensure a safe and comfortable ride, we ask all passengers to follow BATA’a Code of Conduct. Enjoy your ride and thank you for being a respectful rider.
Respectful Rider Code of Conduct
To ensure a safe and comfortable ride, BATA asks all passengers to adhere to the following:
- Facilitate boarding by having exact fare or pass ready and moving quickly to your seat.
- Please understand the transportation of bicycles is limited to the number accommodated by exterior racks. Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus.
- Show consideration for other passengers and their environment:
o Limit carry-on bags to what you can carry in one trip and store them securely at your feet.
o Use headphones.
o Pick up after yourself.
- Collapse strollers, or similar wheeled devices, and store under your seat.
- Make seating available as needed, with special consideration for older passengers, pregnant women, and those with special needs.
- Wear appropriate clothing, including shirt and shoes, and avoid strong scents.
The following is prohibited on all BATA buses and property:
- Consuming alcohol, and/or illegal substances.
- Possessing hazardous or dangerous items, including weapons.
- Disrupting a safe and comfortable environment including behavior or activities that are loud, threatening, or offensive to passengers or the driver.
- Blocking aisles with objects or activities such as skateboarding.
- Throwing objects inside or out of windows.
- Dangling body parts or other objects out of windows.
- Soliciting or panhandling.
- Interfering with a passenger’s personal space, including touching without consent.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals, are allowed only in a cage that fits on the passenger's lap, or on the floor in front of or under the rider’s seat.
- Persons with exposed body fluids pose a serious health risk. Those experiencing this condition will be removed or denied access to the bus. This includes – but is not limited to – bodily eliminations, spitting, and blood.
- To ensure the safety of all passengers, BATA reserves the right to remove or deny service to any passenger who threatens the safety of themselves or others.
- BATA will not tolerate any type of violence, threats, intimidation, destruction of property or insubordination. BATA has the right to refuse service and remove passengers when necessary.
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.