BATA welcomes aboard pets and service animals with the following guidelines.
Pets & BATA
You may transport your small pet on BATA buses if:
• It is completely secure in an enclosed cage, case or carrier
• The cage/case fits on your lap or on the floor between the seats
• It doesn’t put other riders in danger
• It isn’t disruptive to other passengers (i.e. barking, meowing, whining, growling, nipping, biting, or jumping on passengers)
A service animal is any animal trained to perform tasks for a disabled individual, including, but not limited to:
• Signaling and alerting
• Pulling a wheelchair
• Picking up/carrying items
• Assisting with balance
• Seizure alert
*Animals identified as emotional support, comfort, or therapy animals are not considered service animals and must comply with the above pet policy.
On BATA buses, your service animal must:
• Be under your control at all times (e.g. leashed, harnessed, in a carrier)
• Ride within your space – not in the aisle or a separate seat
If your pet or service animal does become disruptive, out of control, or pose a threat to passenger safety, you must remove it from the bus promptly. The driver is required to report all animal-related incidents to management, including details of the incident, information about the passenger involved, and a description of what happened.
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.