BATA allows passengers to carry on packages aboard all buses. Below are our guidelines to help preserve rider safety and comfort.
BATA's number one priority is to ensure that carry-on items are secured for the safety of all passengers. Download and review our Carry-On Policy brochure.
- Handbags, backpacks, grocery bags, or other articles that do not inconvenience riders
- Can be carried on and off the bus in one trip
- Are of a manageable size
- Are placed on your lap or on the floor, between your feet
- May not block the entrance or emergency exits
- May not take up passenger seats or restrict the use of aisles
- May not inhibit the safe operation of the bus
- Small tied packages of returnable cans and bottle that meet the Accepted Packages criteria
Other Articles Allowed
- Folded carriages/strollers
- Personal shopping carts that can fit between seat rows
- Folded walking aids and walkers
Articles Not Allowed
- Large bags of returnable cans or bottles
- Shopping carts associated with a retailer
- Large or leaking objects
- Fishing poles with hooks attached
- Weapons – firearms, knives, clubs, fireworks, and chemical sprayers
- Sharp objects
- Gasoline or other flammable/hazardous materials
- Vehicle batteries
In short, anything that is dangerous or inconvenient to other riders is not allowed to board with you.
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.