BATA allows passengers to carry on packages aboard all buses. Please review our below guidelines to help ensure the comfort and safety of all riders.
What Can I Carry On?
BATA's top priority is to make certain that all carry-on items are secured for the safety of all passengers. For the smoothest possible trip with BATA, please download and review our Carry-On Policy brochure before your trip.
- Handbags, backpacks, grocery bags, or other articles that do not inconvenience riders
- Can be carried on and off the bus in one trip
- Are of a manageable size
- Are placed on your lap or on the floor, between your feet
- May not block the entrance, aisle or emergency exits
- May not take up additional passenger seats or restrict the use of aisles
- May not in any way inhibit the safe operation of the bus
- Small tied packages of returnable cans and bottles that meet the Accepted Packages criteria
Additional Allowed Articles
- Folded carriages/strollers
- Personal shopping carts that can fit between seat rows
- Folded walking aids and walkers
ARTICLES NOT ALLOWED
- Large cumbersome bags of returnable cans or bottles
- Shopping carts associated with a retailer
- Large or leaking objects
- Fishing poles with hooks attached
- Any weapons — firearms, knives, clubs, fireworks, and chemical sprayers
- Any sharp objects
- Gasoline or other flammable/hazardous materials
- Vehicle batteries
In short, anything that is dangerous or inconvenient to other riders is not allowed to board with you.
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.