BATA allows passengers to carry on packages aboard all buses. Please review our below guidelines to help ensure the comfort and safety of all riders.
What Can I Carry On The Bus?
BATA's top priority is to make certain that all carry-on items are secured for the safety of all passengers. For the smoothest possible trip with BATA, please download and review our Carry-On Policy brochure before your trip.
- Handbags, backpacks, grocery bags, or other articles that do not inconvenience riders
- Can be carried on and off the bus in one trip
- Are of a manageable size
- Are placed on your lap or on the floor, between your feet
- May not block the entrance, aisle or emergency exits
- May not take up additional passenger seats or restrict the use of aisles
- May not in any way inhibit the safe operation of the bus
- Small tied packages of returnable cans and bottles that meet the Accepted Packages criteria
Additional Allowed Articles
- Folded carriages/strollers
- Personal shopping carts that can fit between seat rows
- Folded walking aids and walkers
ARTICLES NOT ALLOWED
- Large cumbersome bags of returnable cans or bottles
- Shopping carts associated with a retailer
- Large or leaking objects
- Fishing poles with hooks attached
- Any weapons — firearms, knives, clubs, fireworks, and chemical sprayers
- Any sharp objects
- Gasoline or other flammable/hazardous materials
- Vehicle batteries
In short, anything that is dangerous or inconvenient to other riders is not allowed to board with you.
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.