It is the policy of BATA to prohibit the use of any and all tobacco-related products on company premises. BATA defines tobacco as the "act of lighting, smoking or carrying a lit or smoldering cigar, cigarette or pipe of any kind and smokeless tobacco products."
October 20, 2009
The Tobacco-Free Workplace policy applies to:
- All areas of buildings occupied by BATA employees.
- All vehicles owned or leased by BATA.
- All visitors (customers and vendors) to BATA premises.
- All contractors and consultants and/or their employees working on BATA premises.
- All temporary employees.
- All student interns.
All BATA facilities and related properties are Tobacco Free Zones. Tobacco use is permitted in the following designated locations:
- Administrative Offices located at 3233 Cass Road- The designated area is located in the southwest corner of the parking lot.
- Transit Center located at 115 Hall Street- The designated area is located across the street behind Traverse City Light and Power (Lot X).
We believe that the spirit of thoughtfulness and cooperation which is characteristic of the company is adequate to resolve any disputes which might arise under this policy. Where disputes cannot be so resolved, the rights of the nonsmoker shall be given precedence.
Employees who violate this tobacco policy will be subject to disciplinary action under Group II offenses, which includes written reprimand up to and including discharge.
Resolving complaints about tobacco-related products:
- Any complaints about the application of the policy to the workplace should be brought to the attention of the Human Resources Manager or the Office Manager for resolution.
- The complaint should be submitted in writing and identify specific objections. BATA will investigate the complaint and resolve it in accordance with the policy.
- No employee shall suffer any form of retaliation for raising a complaint or asking a question about this policy.
BATA reserves the right to make changes to this policy as may be required.
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.