One of the Bay Area Transportation Authority’s top priorities is the safety and security of its riders and staff using public transportation during this coronavirus (COVID-19) health pandemic. BATA is in contact with public health and transportation authorities including the Grand Traverse County Health Department, Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department, the Michigan Department of Transportation and the Federal Transportation Administration. BATA is prepared and will continue to provide safe and reliable transportation during this time and is taking extra precautions to make sure its vehicles and facilities are cleaned and sanitized.
All service adjustments will be in place until further notice. Please use public transit for essential transportation only.
Service Impacts - April 1, 2020:
- Bayline: The Bayline route will be suspended starting Wednesday, April 1. If this service adjustment impacts essential transportation needs (work, medical, grocery), please call 231.941.2324 to request Link door-to-door transportation. BATA scheduling is available Monday – Friday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. and rides can be requested up to one week in advance.
Service Impacts - March 27, 2020:
- City Loop: Weekday service on City Loop Routes 1 and 2 are being adjusted to 60-minute frequency with A-Bus Service only. City Loop Routes 4 and 5 are transitioning to 90-minute frequency with A-Bus Service only. City Loop service will continue to end at 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. last departure from the Hall Street Transfer Station).
- Village Loop: All weekday Village Loop routes will have A-Bus Service only with odd hour departures at: 5:30AM, 7:30AM, 9:30AM, 11:30AM, 1:30PM, 3:30PM, 5:30PM.
- Village Loop 14 : We are not currently able to service the Turtle Creek Casino stops 1450, 1455, and 1460 due to the casino's closure.
- Link: Demand-response Link service is being consolidated so please call BATA Customer Service to check on scheduling availability.
- Advanced Registration / Scheduling: BATA scheduling will only be available Monday – Friday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. (no weekend ride scheduling) and rides can only be requested up to 1-week in advance.
- Please reference www.bata.net or call 231.941.2324 for the most recent route schedules and information. NOTE: Google Transit and the Transit app will not reflect these latest adjustments.
Service Impacts - March 24, 2020:
- Hall Street Transfer Station: Limited access only for fare purchasing and ride scheduling / lobby closed to the public
- Cass Road Transfer Station: Limited hours - lobby and service window open between 8 a.m. and noon daily
Service Impacts - March 20, 2020:
- Bayline: Service reduced to estimated 20-minute frequency (Update: Suspended)
- Bayline: Service ending at 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. last departures from Meijer and Woodland Creek Furniture) (Update: Suspended)
- City Loop Route 3: Suspended
- City Loop: Service ending at 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. last departure from Hall Street Transfer Station)
- Hall Street Transfer Station: Lobby closing at 7:30 p.m. daily (Update: Now only limited access as of March 24, 2020)
- Leelanau Loop Route: Suspended
- Village Link: All Village Link service ending by 7 p.m.
Service Impacts - March 16, 2020:
- Route 16 - Old Mission: Suspended starting March 16, 2020
- Route 31 - East Traverse Flex: Suspended starting March 16, 2020
- Village Loop Route 10 - Suttons Bay: Not currently servicing Leelanau Montessori School (#1043) effective March 16, 2020
- Village Loop Route 12 - Interlochen: Not currently servicing TC West Middle School (#1215) effective March 16, 2020
The CDC and BATA recommend riders follow these simple guidelines when using public transit:
- Wash your hands often. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or use a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of tissues immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Maintain distance between you and other riders when possible.
- Consult your health professional if you have any questions.
- Michigan.gov Coronavirus Site
- CDC - Center for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus
- United Way of NW Michigan Volunteer Site
BATA is committed to keeping riders and staff safe and informed of the situation as it evolves, and we appreciate your continued support and ridership.
Please contact BATA Customer service at 231.941.2324 for more info.
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.