BATA and TCAPS are partnering to provide transportation support. Please review the options below to determine which BATA service works best for your transportation needs.
Free Rides:TCAPS high school students can show their IDs and ride for free on any afternoon fixed route. NOTE: Free rides do not apply to BATA’s Link service. Free ride is good for one-way, and one destination outbound - students should ask for a transfer ticket on their first bus if they plan to transfer to a second bus for their final destination.
BATA offers morning and afternoon transportation to TC West Senior High School with the West bus leaving Hall Street each school day at 7:35am. Afternoon fares will be covered by TCAPS, and BATA has affordable rates and passes for morning riders ($1.50 one-way for students). Visit www.bata.net/students or https://www.bata.net/maps-schedules/student-seasonal-routes.html for more information.
TC West High School Departures
- 3:10 p.m. (adjusted schedule for early release and half days/final exams) - BATA Bus Departure (by gym door entrance). All riders are bused to BATA’s downtown Hall Street Transfer Station. At BATA’s Hall Street Transfer Station, riders can connect with other BATA routes for 3:30 p.m. departures to multiple locations (see options below). Students should arrive at least 5 minutes before departure.
3:30 pm connections from Hall Street Transfer Station: (1:30pm on early release days)
Village Loop Route 12: Interlochen, Chums Corners, Grawn, Blair Township, South Silver Lake
3:30 p.m. - Depart BATA Hall Street Transfer Station
3:34 p.m. - Division @ 12th Street / Central Neighborhood
3:42 p.m. - TC West Middle School
3:47 p.m. - Grand Traverse Mall
3:51 p.m. - Meadowlanes (Please request this stop)
3:55 p.m. - Menards
4:00 p.m. - Battle Fitness (Please request this stop)
4:03 p.m. - Nimrod Rd (Please request a stop)
4:07 p.m. - Vance and Sawyer (Please request this stop)
4:10p.m. - Blair Township Hall
4:13 p.m. - Silver Shores
4:23 p.m. - Interlochen Corners – Blue Vase / U.S. 31 and M-137
4:25 p.m. - Interlochen Public Library (Please request this stop)
4:28 p.m. - Interlochen Arts Academy
Village Loop Route 10: M-22, Elmwood Township, Cherry Bend, Suttons Bay
3:30 p.m. - Departure from BATA Hall Street Transfer Station
3:35 p.m. - Children’s Museum / Discovery Pier
3:38 p.m. - Leelanau Studios / Cherry Bend Road
3:42 p.m. - Bay Shore Drive and E. Walters Driver (Please request this stop)
3:46 p.m. - Shady Lane Market
3:55 p.m. - Village of Suttons Bay (Suttons Bay Library)
Other connections from Hall Street Station include:
- Bayline Route: Meijer, Grand Traverse Commons, Elmwood, Slabtown, Central Neighborhood, Downtown TC, Central High School/NMC, Career Tech Center, Woodland Creek Park & Ride, and Holiday Hills. (NOTE: Departures every 20 minutes)
- City Loop Route 1: Union Street Corridor, Veteran’s Drive, Bay Hill and Hillview Apartments, Vista Park and Grand Traverse Mall / Walmart (NOTE: Departures at 3:30, 4 p.m., and almost every half hour throughout the day.)
- City Loop Route 2: LaFranier, Boardman, Barlow, 8th Street, and the Traverse Area District Library (NOTE: Departures at 3:30 and 4 p.m., and almost every half hour throughout the day.)
- Village Loop 13: Kingsley
- Village Loop 14: Acme
Ask the BATA staff and drivers about your appropriate route.
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.