BATA and TCAPS are partnering to provide transportation support to the best of their ability. Please review the options below to determine which BATA service works best for your transportation needs.
TCAPS students can show their IDs and ride for free on any afternoon route or service supporting TCAPS. NOTE: Free rides to do not apply to BATA’s Link On-Demand service.
As a reminder, from January 23rd - February 10th, CHS TCAPS transportation services will be
- Jan. 23, 24, 30, 31, Feb. 3, 6, 7 - AM & PM busing offered by TCAPS
- Jan. 25, 26, 27, Feb. 1, 2, 8, 9, 10 - BATA transportation assistance dates
TC Central High School Departures
- 3:10 p.m. - BATA Bayline Bus Westbound departure from Front and Milliken bus shelter. All riders are bused to BATA’s downtown Hall Street Transfer Station. On the way to the Hall Street Transfer Station, students can depart at: E Front & Garfield, E Front & Rose, E Front & Barlow, Front & Wellington, Front & Park, Front & Cass. At BATA’s Hall Street Transfer Station, riders can connect with other BATA routes for 3:30 p.m. departures to multiple locations (see options below) or continue on the Bayline for CVS W Front St., W Front St. & Cedar, Elmwood & 11th, Trattoria Stella, Historic Barns Park, Meijer. Students should arrive at least 5 minutes before departure. Bayline buses depart this bus shelter every 20-25 minutes.
- 3:15 p.m. - BATA Bus Eastbound departure from Front and Fair (by the orange Norte Building at the Civic Center headed up East Bay) E Front & Davis, Munson Community Health Center, Airport Access, Aero Park Dr., Career Tech Center (CTC), Tom’s East Bay, Three Mile Road, Traverse City State Park, Grand Beach Economy Inn, Four Mile Road, Woodland Creek. Students should arrive at least 5 minutes before departure. Bayline buses depart this bus shelter every 20-25 minutes.
- 5:00 p.m. (or as early as 4:30pm) - TCAPS School Bus Departure If the BATA options do not work for your student, there will be a TCAPS school bus picking up students from CHS. The school bus drivers will take the students to their normal TCAPS bus stop. Students will be supervised in the cafeteria at Central High until the bus arrives.
Traverse City High School students:
Daily: TCHS students may access the Bayline eastbound daily from the CTC BATA stop towards East Bay and the Bayline westbound daily at 3 Mile / US31. Both routes run back to downtown TC and Hall Street Transfer Station (every 25 minutes).
On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays until early March, a BATA Ski-n-Ride bus arrives at TCHS at 3:00 p.m. with service to the Hall Street Transfer Station. From there, students can connect to 3:30 p.m. routes, including the Link 15 connection back to West Senior High. From WSH, students can catch a 4:00pm BATA connection further southwest when TCAPS does not offer WSH afternoon transportation (see WSH info).
3:30 pm connections from Hall Street Transfer Station:
City Loop Route 1: Union Street Corridor, Veteran’s Drive, Bay Hill and Hillview Apartments, Vista Park and Grand Traverse Mall / Walmart (NOTE: another departure at 4 p.m. This bus departs almost every half hour throughout the day)
3:30 p.m. - Departure from BATA’s Hall Street Transfer Station
3:32 - 3:35 p.m. - Union Street Corridor
3:40 - Hillview and Bayhill
3:43 - Vista Park / Veterans Drive
3:48 - Walmart / GT Crossings
3:50 - GT Mall
City Loop Route 2: LaFranier, Boardman, Barlow, 8th Street, and the Traverse Area District Library (NOTE: another departure at 4 p.m. This bus departs almost every half hour throughout the day )
3:30 p.m. - Departure from BATA’s downtown Hall Street Transfer Station
3:36 p.m. - 8th and Lake Street 3:40 p.m. - Family Fare on 8th Street
3:41 p.m. - Traverse Area District Library
3:43 - 3:47 p.m. - Barlow Corridor / Traverse Heights
3:48 p.m. - King’s Court / Village Glen on LaFranier
3:49 p.m. - Ridge 45
3:51 p.m. - Goodwill Inn
Village Loop Route 13: Kingsley, Olesons East Grocery Story, Liv Arbors Apartments, 3 Mile Road (NOTE: the next departure is not until 5:30pm, and this bus departs at 1:30pm as well for early release travel.)
3:30 p.m. - Departure from BATA’s Hall Street Transfer Station (Next departure at 5:30 p.m.)
3:32 - 3:43 - Cass Road Corridor from Lake Street to South Airport
3:48 p.m. - Liv Arbor
4:00 p.m. - Oleson's East Grocery Store - walkable to TC East Middle, Cherry Knoll Elementary, Center Ice Arena, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
4:05 p.m. - 3 Mile and Potter / LifePoint Bible Church (please request this stop)
4:10 p.m. - Mayfield
4:20 p.m. - Village of Kingsley (Northland Foods)
BATA staff will be onsite at BATA’s Hall Street Transfer Station to help guide students to the appropriate route.
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.