Navigating the Grandview Parkway / E. Front Street construction project will be easy - let BATA do the driving.
On Monday, March 11 (or the evening of March 10), work will begin on a major road construction project on Grandview Parkway / E. Front Street. The project is slated to run March - November 2024 and impact travel from Divsion Street/US-31 to Garfield Road. This closure will impact some of BATA’s routes that travel through this corridor.
The following BATA routes and services will be impacted during the project:
- Bayline (FREE FARE)
- Village Loop Route 14 - Acme / Williamsburg (FREE FARE)
March - June/July 2024 The Bayline will be seperated into 2 loops to keep buses flowing:
- Bayline Meijer (West Side): Between Meijer and BATA’s Hall Street Transfer Station
- Bayline Woodland (East Side): Between Woodland Creek Park and Ride and BATA’s Hall Street Transfer Station
- The Bayline will continue to be free for everyone to ride.
- Park-n-Ride: There are free Park-n-Ride lots located at Meijer on US-31/Division and Woodland Creek Furniture on East Bay.
- Downtown to East Bay, buses will follow the designated detour route.
- Towards downtown the route will incorporate an NMC/Dennos loop then follow Fair to Titus (GT Civis Center) to Garfield to State into downtown with a new temporary stop at State and Barlow
- E. Front Street and Rose St eastbound and westbound
- E Front Street and Garfield eastbound and westbound
Relocated and new Stops:
- There will be a temporary eastbound stop in front of the NMC Hagerty Center/Great Lakes Campus
- The eastbound E. Front St at Barlow Street will not be accessible
- There will be a temporary westbound stop in front of the NMC Dennos Museum (the eastbound stop at Front and Fair will be operational as usual).
- The westbound shelter at E. Front St at Milliken St. will not be accessible.
- There will be a temporary westbound stop in front of the Civic Center entrance on Titus Ave.
- There will be a temporary westbound stop at Barlow and State Street.
- The westbound shelter at E. Front St at Barlow St. will not be accessible.
- There may not be pedestrain access across E. Front Street at Barlow - but transferring to a eastbound Bayline from downtown TC will get riders to the Hagerty Center on the north side of E. Front St.
The free Bayline runs seven days a week from 7am–10pm Monday - Saturday (with ~20 minute frequency M-F and up to 30 minute frequency on Saturdays) & 9am - 9pm Sunday (~40 minute frequency).
Village Loop Route 14 Impacts
- Village Loop 14 will be fare-free for the duration of the road construction on East Front Street so that riders have more options from the east side.
- Village Loop 14 will follow the Bayline's eastbound detour to Fair Street, then continue outbound as normal.
- Village Loop 14 will not access the Front and Milliken shelter inbound (please use the temporary Bayline stop at Dennos).
- Village Loops 14 will follow the Bayline detour and stop at the Civic Center and the State and Barlow temporary stops before reaching Hall Street.
All routes impacted by road construction plan to return to their normal route paths and service levels following the completion of the project. Some of the route path detours may be modified during the road work based on traffic impacts. If you have questions call BATA Customer Service at 231.941.2324.
MDOT updates on the progress of the Grandview reconstruction can be found here.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to providing transportation on and through the new corridor in the fall.
More changes March 11th:
Route 12 will see increased service levels, offering a trip into Traverse City an hour earlier, and a trip out of Traverse City an hour later - plus there will no longer be a lunch-time bus break! See full details at www.bata.net/villageloops
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.