Fun, easy, practical travel planning and assistance
How does it work?
• Anyone can call or email BATA’s Mobility Coordinator, Bill Clark at (231)778-1035 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request assistance. A volunteer will then contact you to set up a day, time, and place to meet. You will take a bus ride with your volunteer to a destination of your choice or simply for a ride around town to learn the system.
• If you are new to BATA, your first reserved training ride with the volunteer is free. During your travel, your BATA Buddy will explain the basics of using public transit so you can get around town independently.
• You may choose your destination: grocery store, medical appointment, Senior Center, downtown, or anywhere else that BATA travels. Your travel trainer may be able to help you to and/or from your destination or substitute as a Personal Care Assistant from your home, while on the bus, or at your destination.
• Depending on your trip details, your BATA volunteer will introduce you to BATA’s fixed bus routes (such as the Bayline and routes to the mall, library, Walmart, Meijer, and to neighboring villages) or to our on-demand service known as Link.
Who can use the program?
• Anyone who wants to learn more about riding public transit.
• Anyone with a disability or in need of additional assistance while riding the bus. If this is not your first ride but you need continual support, please call or email us to find our volunteer availability.
• Once you request your training, a volunteer will call or email you to set up a travel day.
• Plan on the activity lasting one to four hours, depending on your origin and destination, need of return trip, and duration of stay.
Please call or email Bill Clark at 231-778-1035 (email@example.com) with questions, to schedule a trip with your BATA volunteer, or to become a volunteer yourself! Visit www.bata.net/buddy to get started.
Join Team BATA
Get on the road to success & join Team BATA today!Learn More
Plan your day with an easy to read timetable of stop locations for your route.