Passenger Code of Conduct
Thank you for choosing BATA
To ensure a safe and comfortable ride, we ask all passengers to follow BATA’a Code of Conduct. Enjoy your ride and thank you for being a respectful rider.
Respectful Rider Code of Conduct
To ensure a safe and comfortable ride, BATA asks all passengers to adhere to the following:
- Facilitate boarding by having exact fare or pass ready and moving quickly to your seat.
- Please understand transportation of bicycles is limited to the number accommodated by exterior racks. Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus.
- Show consideration for other passengers and their environment:
o Limit carry-on bags to four and store them securely at your feet.
o Use headphones.
o Pick up after yourself.
- Collapse strollers, or similar wheeled devices, and store under your seat.
- Make seating available as needed, with special consideration for older passengers, pregnant women, and those with special needs.
- Wear appropriate clothing, including shirt and shoes, and avoid strong scents.
The following is prohibited on all BATA buses and property:
- Consuming alcohol, and/or illegal substances.
- Possessing hazardous or dangerous items, including weapons.
- Disrupting a safe and comfortable environment including behavior or activities that are loud, threatening, or offensive to passengers or the driver.
- Blocking aisles with objects or activities such as skateboarding.
- Throwing objects inside or out of windows.
- Dangling body parts or other objects out of windows.
- Soliciting or panhandling.
- Interfering with a passenger’s personal space, including touching without consent.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals, are allowed only in a cage that fits on the passengers lap, or on the floor in front of or under the rider’s seat.
- Persons with exposed body fluids pose a serious health risk. Those experiencing this condition will be removed or denied access to the bus. This includes – but is not limited to – bodily eliminations, spitting, and blood.
- To ensure the safety of all passengers, BATA reserves the right to remove or deny service to any passenger who threatens the safety of themselves or others.
- BATA will not tolerate any type of violence, threats, intimidation, destruction of property or insubordination. BATA has the right to refuse service and remove passengers when necessary.