BATA permits passengers to carry on packages aboard all buses. Below are our guidelines to help preserve rider safety and comfort.
It is BATA’s first priority to ensure that carry-on items are secured for the safety of all passengers. Download our Carry-On Policy brochure.
- Include handbags, backpacks, grocery bags, or other articles that do not inconvenience riders
- Can be carried on and off the bus in one trip
- Are of a manageable size
- Are placed on your lap or on the floor, between your feet
- May not block the entrance or emergency exits
- May not take up passenger seats or restrict the use of aisles
- May not inhibit the safe operation of the bus
*It is at the driver’s discretion as to what will be allowed on the bus.
Other Articles Allowed
- Folded carriages/strollers
- Personal shopping carts that can fit between seat rows
- Folded walking aids and walkers
Articles Not Allowed
- Packages or bags of returnable cans or bottles
- Shopping carts associated with a retailer
- Large or leaking objects
- Fishing poles with hooks attached
- Weapons – firearms, knives, clubs, fireworks, and chemical sprayers
- Sharp objects
- Gasoline or other flammable/hazardous materials
- Vehicle batteries
In short, anything that is dangerous or inconvenient to other riders is not allowed to board with you.