Half the work. Twice the fun! 2015 Bike-n-Ride service runs:
Weekend Service: May 23 – October 25
Weekday Service: June 22 – September 4
- Full fare = $3.00 cash or FlashFare card
- Reduced fare = $1.50 or FlashFare card
- Credit card / debit card not accepted on vehicles.
Riding a bike is a great alternative to driving. Benefits include getting healthier, saving money, reducing your carbon footprint, and just plain enjoying yourself. BATA supports cycling in the following ways:
OPTION 1: Ride the Bike-n-Ride Village Loop buses - Route 10 and Route 11
Biking TART's Leelanau Trail between Traverse CIty and Suttons Bay and the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail between Glen Abor and Empire is fun and exhilirating. But pedaling both ways can be more than you bargained for if you're not accustomed to biking long distances. That's why BATA and local nonprofit TART Trails have partnered to create a bike transportation program, Bike-n-Ride.
The BATA Bike-n-Ride program lets you bike one way and ride the bus back, making for a much more enjoyable experience. This summer, bring your friends, family, or go solo on the trail. Please note that Bike-n-Ride is not an express route; the bus will make regular stops.
What you need to know about Bike-n-Ride:
- Service available on Village Loop Route 10 - Suttons Bay and Route 11- Glen Arbor
- Bike-n-Ride bus accommodates 11 bikes of various types, including child trailers. All other Loop buses are equipped to transport up to three bikes
- First-come, first-served (arrive early)
- Passengers responsible for loading bicycles; drivers will assist
- One-way bike trip is approximately 17 miles (Suttons Bay Loop) and 9.5 miles (Glen Arbor/Empire Loop) from point-to-point
- BATA assumes no liability for injuries or damages incurred to bikes, personal property, or persons while using the racks or riding the bus
- Per-person, one-way fare is $3.00, cash only. More on fare discounts here.
Plan your Bike-n-Ride bus trip now. View the 2015 route/trail map and schedule.
OPTION 2: Bring your bike with you on any BATA bus
- Up to three bikes per bus (exterior storage)
- To see a video demonstration by TART Trails Executive Director Julie Clark, click here.
- For rack availability on Link buses, please contact BATA Dispatch Services at 231.941.2324
For route maps and schedules for all BATA buses, click here.