Bike-n-Ride Season Ends - Fall Changes
The 2016 Bike-n-Ride season will come to a close this Sunday, Oct. 23.
It was an amazing season and as of yesterday morning BATA transported 2,188 bikes from May – October as part of the 2016 Bike-n-Ride program. This represents a 34-35% increase in ridership compared to 2015. This was the first year BATA ran Bike-n-Ride seven days a week throughout the entire season with great results and next year we’ll be celebrating Bike-n-Ride’s fifth season.
With Bike-n-Ride coming to an end, Village Loop Routes 10 and 11 will be reverting to their non-Bike-n-Ride schedules on Monday, Oct. 24 with some minor modifications.
Route 10 will:
- Keep the 9:35 a.m. and 6:35 p.m. stops up in Northport Monday through Friday.
- Discontinue the 12:35 p.m. Northport weekday stop.
- Adjust weekend service to Northport to be seasonally based (May – Oct.) to align with our popular Bike-n-Ride service and ridership usage.
Route 11 will:
- Keep the 6:05 a.m. and 6:35 p.m. stops in Empire during the weekday.
- Discontinue the mid-morning 10:35 a.m. weekday stop in Empire and the seasonal weekend service to Empire and the Dunes will also end.
Please call BATA Dispatch at 231.941.2324 for more information.